Monday, September 15, 2008

Grand Canyon and God

As I read Luke Menard's blog and looked at his pictures, I can remember my own first experience at the Grand Canyon. It was my retirement gift to myself and what a gift.

I am so glad Luke that you and your wife were able to experience this together and I feel sorry for people who see it and are not in awe of what God has left for us.

I was at the Indianapolis Idol tour and everytime they mentioned you, tried to locate you but never was able to. Also have read where you were in Nashville with Chris Sligh also.

The church I attend, there are mixed feelings about American Idol - I think because of the "Idol" word - but it has always been great for me to watch and I get so attached to the singers.

Each year there are Christians who manage to get their message across and maybe that is the reason you are there. Clay Aiken, Ruben Studdard, Jordan Sparks, yourself, Chris Sligh, Brooke, and I am sure there are others I am forgetting, but I know God will bless you for not being ashamed to tell the world who you are and to give God the glory. On the idol gives back portion of the show, the song "Shout to the Lord", was so powerful.

God bless you as you fight your cancer and continue to speak and sing.

Judy Wolven, Indianapolis, Indiana

No comments: